Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A couple of cards to share ....

Friends 24-7 

My photo quality (particularly of the Raspberry Tart card posted yesterday) is pretty bad; apologies to my 3 loyal followers!  I hope to get a lot better at this as time goes on.

Here is a card made with that oft-mentioned "Friends 24-7" stamp set.  I have LOTS of ideas in my head for this one, so expect to see it often!  I am a huge fan of kraft-coloured card, so was quick to get my hands on kraft taffeta ribbon from the new catalogue.  It is beautiful, and oh-so-easy to tie in bows or knots.  It co-ordinates beautifully with the cardstock.

I inked up the sweet bird in Riding Hood Red, the branch in Chocolate Chip, and the leaves with my Old Olive marker.  Added some sponging around most of the edges - I am IN LOVE with sponge daubers, and have one for every colour of stampin' pad ('cos I'm a bit fussy about things like that!).  They are a great little tool, allowing you to give your cards a really nice finish with minimal effort.

Stamps: Friends 24-7

Card: Whisper White, Kraft, Chocolate Chip

DSP: Bella Rose

Ink: Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss, Old Olive, white

Other: Chocolate Chip 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, kraft taffeta ribbon, circle punches (1 1/4", 1 1/2", scallop circle), sponge daubers, paper piercer





Urban oasis


On this card, I have done very little stamping, because I wanted to showcase the beautiful "Urban Oasis" designer series paper.  I have stamped, in white ink on basic gray card, a small image from Botanical Blooms (a sale-a-bration set, not in the current catalogue), and punched it out with the scallop square punch.  I matted that small panel on whisper white card that had been punched out twice with the same punch, and aligned to make a little border.  The sentiment is from the cute little Trendy Trees set, and has been punched out with the oh-so-versatile word window punch.  I have owned many punches over the years, and have to say that Stampin' Up! punches are brilliant - great quality, give a nice,clean cut every time, and are very easy to operate.  Some of the new Kiwi Kiss ribbon finishes off the card.

Stamps: Trendy Trees, Botanical Blooms

Card: Whisper White, Basic Gray, Kiwi Kiss

DSP: Urban Oasis

Ink: Kiwi Kiss, white craft ink

Other: Kiwi Kiss 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, word window punch, scallop square punch

No comments:

Post a Comment