Monday, May 4, 2009

Stampin' Pastels & Upsy Daisy (galore)...

Hi all!  About time I posted some more photos of cards, methinks.

I have been busy playing with my Upsy Daisy stamp set, and Stampin' Pastels.  This is fun!  The next four cards started off as panels of Upsy Daisy stamped in Versamark (clear, sticky ink), and coloured using Stampin' Pastels and sponge daubers.    Love the effect this gives - it's like magic as you see the colour emerge.  I added Dimensional Magic (only because I haven't yet got SU's Crystal Effects!) to the flowers for a glossy finish.



In this first card, I used Kraft (my favourite) card, and some of the specialty Sweet Slumber paper.  The pastels I used were Pretty in Pink and Bravo Burgundy.  The sentiment is raised on dimensionals, and I used some shiny buttons from my (somewhat excessive) stash.

Upsy daisy anniversary

Stamps: Upsy Daisy, Cute & Curly (from the Curly Label punch bundle)

Card: Kraft, Bravo Burgundy

DSP: Sweet Slumber

Ink: Versamark, Bravo Burgundy marker, Ranger Tattered Rose distress ink

Other: Curly label punch, Stampin' Pastels, Kraft taffeta ribbon, Bravo Burgundy 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, sponge daubers, dimensionals, buttons (non-SU), Dimensional Magic



My next card shows what a different effect you can get by just switching the card colour.  Again I stamped the Upsy Daisy flowers in Versamark, and coloured them with Pretty in Pink and Bravo Burgundy Stampin' Pastels, but this time I used white card - really pretty, don't you think?  LOVE kraft and pink together, and the white contributes to the soft feel of the card.  Those cute little white flat-backed pearls are from my Stampin' Up Pretties Kit, which contains a great selection of pearls, beads, flowers and yummy embellishments. 

Pink,kraft upsy daisy

Stamps: Upsy Daisy, Boho Backgrounds

Card: Pretty in Pink, Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White

Ink: Versamark, Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink

Other: Stampin' Pastels, Sponge Daubers, Wide Oval Punch, Kraft taffeta ribbon, flat-backed pearls (Pretties Kit), mini glue dots, edge distresser, Dimensional Magic



My next card uses Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze and Kiwi Kiss, with a bit of white.  Whoever coined the adage "blue and green must never be seen" clearly didn't anticipate how beautiful Stampin' Up's "in colours" would be!  Everything on this card is pretty self-explanatory.  For a finishing touch, I secured a custom-made brad to the Kiwi Kiss ribbon.  I am a HUGE brad (split pin) fan, and have a vast collection to choose from, but I am super-excited about the Build-A-Brad kit from Stampin' Up; I can create my OWN brads, using just a 1/2" circle punch, pretty paper or a stamped image, and a little SNAIL adhesive.  Too easy, and so much fun!  Here it is:

Blue upsy daisy

Stamps: Upsy Daisy, Best Yet (hostess set)

Card: Whisper White, Not Quite Navy

DSP: Urban Garden, Bella Rose, Good Morning Sunshine (brad)

Ink: Versamark, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss

Other: Circle punches (1 1/4", 1 3/8", scallop circle), Stampin' Pastels, Build-A-Brad, Kiwi Kiss 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, sponge daubers, Dimensional Magic



To finish off today's post, I have a card that, with its retro feel, takes me back to the 1970s!  This colour scheme - for all the people who grew up in New Zealand and Australia especially, can't you just see the bathrooms and plastic stools (that's a special shout-out to my sister!)???!!

On this card, I have used my Scallop Square Punch (love that little thing), and the co-ordinating Say it With Scallops stamp set. I stamped the scalloped image twice, and punched out part of one of the images to create my brads - cute, don't you think?!

  **Ooh, the unforgiving nature of un-edited photos; I just noticed some visibe double-sided tape near my bow.  Oh well - proves it's handmade!! (I'll go fix that right now - just don't want to upload another photo, so pretend it isn't there, okay?!)**

Orange, brown upsy daisy

Stamps: Upsy Daisy, Say it With Scallops

Card: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie

Ink: Versamark, Pumpkin Pie

Other: Stampin' Pastels, Chocolate Chip 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, Build-A-Brad, Scallop square punch, corner rounder punch, Dimensional Magic



I have had a lovely, "stampy", weekend.  My husband and sons went away for a couple of nights, and although I did actually (gasp) miss them, I loved the opportunity to spend time 'playing' with a very dear friend, and my sister (who is also my very dear friend!).

I was disappointed to miss out on attending Stampin' Up's convention in Canberra this weekend, but already am looking forward to May 2010 - I'll be at convention for sure!  I am extremely proud of my Stampin' Up "upline", Claire Daly - number 3 Demonstrator for all of Australia & New Zealand.  Well done, Claire - you rock!!!

Tomorrow I have more stamping lined up, and this coming week is my monthly stamp group with a lovely group of friends - could life get much better???!!  I hope you all have had a happy, relaxing weekend too.  Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

  1. How many times can I say "gorgeous cards"? Not enough, obviously! Ahh, yes, those 70's stools :o) The orange (sorry ... Pumpkin Pie) and white also remind me of Primary School and a fluffy orange and white beanie (or was it bam-bam?). Mustn't take over your blog with nostalgia though! Love your work, sis xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Christine - you really have been busy this weekend. All these cards are gorgeous. I can really relate to the retro theme- I grew up in a very orange and brown decorated home......I still struggle to use orange creatively these days.....I'd have to say it is my LEAST favourite colour (though I do try to use it now and then just to challenge myself). Guess I'm still mentally scarred by the 70s colour scheme!LOL!
    So sad about Yarra Glen Market. I'm going to take my camera next month just to capture the last market. I want my kids to remember our Sundays at the market. They have just been idyllic. I feel a scrapbook page coming on....
    Have a great week. Anita. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not just Australia and New Zealand, England suffered the same orange "blight" in the 70's. I remember the our kitchen/dining room having a hideous huge abstract shape orange and vivid green wallpaper. I'm surpirsed we managed to eat anything in there without feeling ill! LOL.
    What is this about the Yarra Glem Market! Is it closing for good? Surely not!! I love it.
    Sorry Christine, on to your cards. Well what can I say? They're Fab, glad to have more time to study them this morning, thanks for the phone call. You are so prolific, where do you find the time? Loving the "Upsy Daisy" set,it's a must have, but after last night, it will have to wait, my next purchase just has to be the "Rose is a rose" set. Finished the card off this morning that I was busily stamping up last night. Will show you next month. I have written so much it is almost like a blog entry in itself instead of a comment, I was always being told off at school for gabbing too much, not that I took any notice as you can see!!Happy Stamping. Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these cards! My fav is the orange/brown one -LOVIN' those colors!!

    ReplyDelete