Sunday, June 21, 2009

Cute and cheery card for a cold and un-cheery day...

Back again - whoa, two posts in one day!  Andrew's niece is having a birthday next week, so I needed to make a happy, girly card.  I chose to use Cheep Talk, a very versatile set of stamps that I just love.  The set contains flower,fruit, foliage and bird images, as well as sentiments - all sorts of possibilities!

Everything on this card is Stampin' Up!, except for the orange embellishments in the flower centres (these are Rain Drops, that I went through a stage of collecting, so I have QUITE a few to use up. Once I decide I like something, I have a tendency to buy it in every available colour; it's a bit of a sickness, but I'm sure some of you reading this can relate!  My sister, Lynda, can attest to the many and varied benefits of having been bestowed with the 'obsessive' gene.  Certainly provides us with hours of laughs when we get together!)

Sally's card

Stamps: Cheep Talk, On Your Birthday

Card: Kraft, Whisper White, Lovely Lilac, Green Galore

Ink: Lovely Lilac, Only Orange, Green Galore markers; Lovely Lilac, Green Galore, Whisper White, Basic Black stampin' pads

Other: 1 3/8" circle punch, scallop circle punch, Cloud 9 Designs Rain Drops

How wonderful it's been to have time today to make cards; my favourite way to while away the hours.  The only thing better would be to have friends around to share the stamping with; I am in the process of setting up my craft room so that others can join me, which is very exciting!  When my super-duper new craft room was built at the end of last year,  I organised it to be all white and pretty, but now I'm hoping to make it a bit more practical.  I have a fantastic built-in U-shaped area to craft at, and bought a cute little Ikea table to share crafting space with a friend.  The cute and pretty table just doesn't "cut it", though, so I have added a longer folding table that has enough space for 6 more people.

I'm looking forward to being able to hold classes at home now.  So, if you live in the outer east of Melbourne, and would like to come to my place in Mt Evelyn to attend card-making classes, I'd love to hear from you!  Let me show you the wonderful world of Stampin' Up! and have a lot of fun making cards together.

That's it for me for today, my friends.  Hope you're all having a lovely weekend too (preferably without a sick child!).

1 comment: