Monday, June 29, 2009

Introducing "PUN FUN"

Hi friends

I'm happy to be able to squeeze in one more post before jetting off into the sunset.  Over the weekend I have had the chance to play with Stampin' Up!'s very cute stamp set called Pun Fun.  I have used a couple of the images, but none of the matching sentiments, on my cards.  It's a great set, with a million different uses; unfortunately I was a little limited in the amount of time I had in which to create, so I'll give you just a small sample.

My favourite image from this set is the cup - it really tickles my fancy.  I have unashamedly 'CASE'd (copied and selectively edited) this first card from some gorgeous creations I found on Splitcoaststampers - a really inspirational online community.  The stand-out features on this card are the yummy papers from the Sweet Slumber collection; heavy weight double-sided papers, with gorgeous co-ordinating and complementary designs.  I simply stamped the cup onto 3 different papers, cut them out and mounted them on another piece of paper - so easy, but a cute, cute result.  Here it is:

Pun fun cups sweet slumber

Stamps: Pun Fun, Short & Sweet

Card: So Saffron

DSP: Sweet Slumber

Ink: Jet Black Staz-On, Baja Breeze stampin' pad

Other: Sponge dauber, Very Vanilla 5/8" grosgrain, Riding Hood Red taffeta ribbon, scallop edge punch, craft knife, mini glue dots

I could happily have just made dozens of 'cup' cards whilst I have this set on loan, but branched out and used my next-favourite image, which is the rocket.  This is such a great stamp for boys' cards in particular.  I was inspired by my friend Claire to use Riding Hood Red and Pacific Point together - these are two of this year's "in colours", and whilst I LOVE the red, I am taking a little longer to warm to the blue.  I think I just need to use it more.  I've used a little, little bit of paper piecing, and used some of my fab-o star brads from Stampin' Up!  After I'd photographed the card, I actually raised up the scalloped sentiment on dimensionals (I made this card while we were away at our cabin on the weekend, and I took only double-sided tape with me), so just use your imagination a little with that!

Pun fun red rocket

Stamps: Pun Fun, Starring You

Card: Whisper White, Riding Hood Red, Pacific Point

DSP: Washington Apple

Ink: Riding Hood Red, Pacific Point stampin' pads

Other: 1 3/8" circle punch, scallop circle punch, star brads, Riding Hood Red striped grosgrain, dimensionals (added later!)

I mentioned above that I'd used Washington Apple DSP on my card.  This paper is really lovely, and inspires me to combine colours that I wouldn't have thought to put together.  A very simple card, jazzed up with my favourite Build-A-Brads, that I created by punching out 1/2" circles of Washington Apple DSP.  I really like how well the Starring You stamps go with this rocket image.

Pun fun rocket washington apple

Stamps: Pun Fun, Starring You

Card: Bashful Blue, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White

DSP: Washington Apple

Ink: Riding Hood Red, Pumpkin Pie, Bashful Blue stampin' pads

Other: 1 3/8" circle punch, scallop circle punch, sponge dauber, Build-A-Brad, scissors to 'rough up' card edge (since I forgot to take my edge distresser away with me!)

Now I'm off to finalise washing and other bits and pieces before we finish packing for our big trip.  Please come back to visit after mid-July - I'll be back!

Christine :)

2 comments:

  1. Good weather is such a boon when you want to keep the men out of your hair so that you can create. Well you have been very productive this weekend. I like them all but my favourite is the last one, for no particular reason other than the colour combo. Pumpkin Pie and Riding Hood Red look great together. I must remember that!!
    Will miss you while you are gone but have lots of fun and take plenty of piccies to make us envious on your return and of course for scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well by now you are off jet-setting and having a ball in the USA. Just wanted to stop by and say hope you're having a blast. Also that I love these cards - you've done a fabulous job with them. Especially love the cup-stack. Lovely work! Take card and see you when you get back. Love Anita. xxx

    ReplyDelete