Wednesday, June 17, 2009

KIWI KISS & BASIC BLACK UPSY DAISY

I was rather taken with the colour combination of Kiwi Kiss (this year's 'in colour' green from Stampin' Up!) and black when I first dabbled with it the other night.  However, now that I have over-used it, I need to give it a rest!  I have a couple of cards to share with you before I move on to a new obsession.  Please excuse the appearance of them having been taken at night; it was pretty foggy and overcast outside when I took the photo this morning! 

Kiwi upsy daisy thanks x 2

Here are the details for the card on the left, with the base of kraft card:

Stamps: Upsy Daisy

Card: Kraft, Basic Black, Whisper White, Kiwi Kiss

Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Versamark

Other: Kiwi Kiss striped grosgrain ribbon, Kraft taffeta ribbon, linen thread, button (from Button Bouquet selection), nestabilities (rectangle, scalloped rectangle), black embossing powder, white embossing powder.

The smaller card on the right is cut down to an irregular size, mainly because I decided I didn't want to add anything more once I'd cut out the main panel with my Labels 1 nestabilities - love that shape.  I just wanted to leave the card in its simplicity, with no further embellishments.  Details for this one are:

Stamps: Upsy Daisy, Short & Sweet

Card: Whisper White, Kiwi Kiss, Basic Black

Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Jet Black Staz-On, Versamark

Other: Labels 1 nestabilities, word window punch, sponge dauber, black embossing powder

I got some new stamps delivered last night, and can't wait to have a play, so will be back with some new creations in the next few days. 

Christine :)

3 comments:

  1. Loving the black on the kraft, both cards are stunning but I think the kraft one is my fave surprisingly because I am not a kraft kinda gal myself, unlike you my friend. What are these new stamps you've got?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving those lovey! That IS a lovely colour combination isn't it. I think the kraft one is my fave too, but I AM a kraft kinda girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW love these cards, great colours and just love that stamp set. I haven't got it yet but I think it has to be next on the list. Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog. Luv Erica

    ReplyDelete