Monday, August 31, 2009

GETTING READY FOR FATHER'S DAY....

I have been asked by a friend if I'd make some Father's Day cards, seeing as it's Father's Day next weekend.  While I was in the process of stamping out the fantastic sentiment from the Occasional Greetings stamp set, I decided to get a bit of a production line going.  I'm up to my fifth card, and need a little break, so decided to upload some photos to share with you.

The first few cards are made using the colours Always Artichoke and Mellow Moss, with either Whisper White or Very Vanilla as the neutral - such a beautiful colour scheme, and nice and earthy for cards for men.  This first card is all Stampin' Up! :

Fathers day card 1

Stamps:  Occasional Greetings, Lovely As A Tree, Linen (retired)

Card: Always Artichoke, Whisper White, Mellow Moss

Ink: Always Artichoke and Mellow Moss stampin' pads

Other: Always Artichoke and Mellow Moss 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, Always Artichoke brads, sponge daubers, dimensionals, 1 1/4" square punch, 1 3/8" square punch

For my second card I combined Very Vanilla with the two greens.  On the main panel I stamped the trees first in Always Artichoke ink, then (using my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig) slightly offset the image to the right, and stamped again in Very Vanilla ink.  I like the soft effect that resulted.

Fathers day card 2

Stamps: Weathered, Occasional Greetings, Lovely As A Tree

Card: Very Vanilla, Always Artichoke, Mellow Moss

Ink: Mellow Moss and Always Artichoke classic stampin' pads, Very Vanilla craft stampin' pad (retired)

Other: Dimensionals, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, corner rounder punch, edge distresser, sponge daubers, brads (not Stampin' Up!) from stash

The last card I'll share from my 'green series' incorporates Jumbo Eyelets, which are a favourite embellishment of mine, when it comes to cards for males.  They are so easy to set in place using the Crop-A-Dile - love that tool!  If you are tired of noisy or labour-intensive ways of setting eyelets, please talk to me - I can change your life in this regard!

Fathers day card 3

Stamps: Occasional Greetings, Lovely As A Tree, Weathered

Card: Always Artichoke, Whisper White, Mellow Moss

Ink: Always Artichoke and Mellow Moss stampin' pads

Other: Dimensionals, sponge daubers, Jumbo Eyelets (set with Crop-A-Dile), string from stash



Finally, I have something completely different.  I recently bought a new Checkerplate embossing folder for my Cuttlebug - it's great!  It really does make silver or grey cardstock look like metal.  Here's what I made:

Fathers day card 4

Stamps: Occasional Greetings, Weathered

Card: Whisper White, Brushed Silver, Riding Hood Red, Coredinations Black

Ink: Basic Black and Riding Hood Red stampin' pads, Versamark

Other: Jumbo Eyelet (set with Crop-A-Dile), 5/8" silver brad, Riding Hood Red striped grosgrain ribbon, sponge dauber, Cuttlebug and checkerplate embossing folder

2 comments:

  1. Love your Fathers' Day cards Christine. Those jumbo eyelets work so well there, and love the new cuttlebug folder.
    Cheers, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who's been a busy girl then! Lovely cards my friend :) My fave is number 4!

    ReplyDelete