Sunday, September 20, 2009

Tomorrow my littlest love turns 9.  Can any other Mum out there relate to the slightly-sad feeling of their youngest growing up??  I LOVE seeing my boys grow and develop, and feel enormously proud of the beautiful human beings they are, but I can't help but see that shortly my cuddly little man will not be too keen to cuddle his Mum. Hopefully that will be a passing phase! (Jack, 13, has come back around and, amazingly, even lets me kiss and cuddle him in public.)

My boys are working at the Royal Melbourne Show tonight, which has afforded me some crafting time.  Just as well, because I have been totally under-prepared for Ethan's birthday tomorrow.  I have made my boy a card using one of his favourite stamp sets, Pun Fun (have to love that rocket for boys, especially!).  I was inspired by this card made by Sue Madex; love the look of stars punched out of cardstock, and adhered to the same coloured card.  Here is the end result:

E's bday card

Stamps: Pun Fun, Starring You

Card: Kraft, Pacific Point, Riding Hood Red, Whisper White

Ink: Pacific Point & Riding Hood Red stampin' pads, Versamark ink pad

DSP: Good Morning Sunshine and Candy Lane (for paper-pieced rocket parts)

Other: Small star punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, scallop circle punch, scallop edge punch, rectangle & scalloped rectangle nestabilities

Despite the blurry photography, I hope you like it!  I think my boy will be happy with it - mind you, he may not pay much attention to the card, since there's cake and presents to be enjoyed.  May you all have as happy a Sunday as my boy is bound to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment