Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A BRIGHT AND CHEERY DOUBLE-WHAMMY!

Today I'd like to show you a card I made, with two challenges in mind.  Our Art with Heart team forum colour challenge for this month is a great, bright, one, and once again I'm playing along with the Just Add Ink challenge - this week it's a sketch challenge.

This is what I came up with, which I hope will cheer up the recipient:

Get well challenge card 001

Stamps: Organic Outlines, One of A Kind, Sincere Salutations

Card: Rose Red, Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise

Ink: Versamark (clear) inkpad, Basic Black, Rose Red, Tempting Turquoise, Kiwi Kiss stampin' pads

Other: Pink rhinestones (popped out of Fire Circles rhinestone brads), Pigtails Ribbon, Boho Blossoms punch, mini glue dots, sponge dauber, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Circle Nestabilities



I've enjoyed making this flowery card this afternoon; my house has been over-run by males, uproariously reacting to the Super Bowl on tv.  Husband and two friends are here, youngest son got the afternoon off school (his father's idea) to watch it, and eldest son arrived home with two of his mates.  It's at times like this, that I TRULY appreciate the sanctuary that is my craft room!!

I hope that wherever you are in the world, you are surrounded by loved ones (although hopefully quieter ones than mine, hee hee).  Yesterday was the one-year anniversary of the Black Saturday bushfires that changed the lives of Australians forever.  It has been a very emotional time, leading up to the anniversary (Australia's worst-ever natural disaster, that claimed 173 lives and wiped out entire communities).  Now that that hurdle has been overcome, I hope a 'new beginning' is in sight for all the survivors.  I am proud to say that my brother was our family's hero that day - he managed to get himself and his two children out of their house only minutes before their home was engulfed by a wall of fire.  We are truly blessed.


 

6 comments:

  1. Wow - your brother was so courageous. I imagine yesterday must have been an emotional time for him and his family.
    What a beautiful card you've shared with us! Those colours are so vibrant and cheerful. You've teamed your stamp sets well for the sketch and the colours. Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Christine, nice and bright just how I like'em.
    Amen to your comments and give that brother of yours a hug from me when you next see him, I felt scared enough but at least our house was saved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card, awesome. what more can i say?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christine, I think your recipient will fall in love with their happy mail - how kind of you to make such a gorgeous card for them. A pat on the back goes to your brother from me - what a hero.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the flowers and bling and that ribbon just sets the whole card off beautifully!! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is just delightful Christine. It sure would cheer up anyone who was feeling under the weather. Love the colour combo and the "background" stamping you've done on the base cardstock. Clever girl! Lots of love to you.

    ReplyDelete