Sunday, April 11, 2010

AUTUMN-WINTER MINI CATALOGUE LAUNCH

I've had a really lovely afternoon, sharing stamping and laughter with 6 special women - one of my very favourite ways to spend a few hours!  Thanks to Rachel, Lyn, Lynda, Leanne, Joy and Kathy, for attending my official 'launch' of Stampin' Up!'s new Mini catalogue.  It was a real pleasure to have you all in my home, and I look forward to many more stamping 'dates' together!


Here is a quick shot of one of the tables set up, ready for everyone to arrive.


Autumn-Winter Mini catalogue launch table ready



At each place setting, I'd put a little favour; a pillow box made using one of the new Stampin' Up! dies for use in the Big Shot.  (Genna, if you're reading this, I didn't copy yours - had already made them! LOL)


Autumn-Winter Mini catalogue launch favour


Very simple, but sweet, don't you think?  I can see myself making many, many little pillow boxes from all of my colours of cardstock!



Today, after I'd talked everyone's ears off about all the wonderful new products, we each made a couple of cards.  This first one uses the super-cute new Fox and Friends stamp set:




Cheeky Monkey card 


Stamps: Fox and Friends, Polka Dot, One of a Kind, Classic Stars wheel


Card: Kraft, Brocade Blue, Whisper White, Soft Suede


Ink: Versamark inkpad, Soft Suede and Brocade Blue stampin' pads


Other: Wide Oval Punch, 1 1/4" square punch, 1 3/8" square punch, sticky strip, Soft Suede grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals



The second card we made had minimal stamping, and let the stunning colours, Two-Step bird punch and DSP do the talking:


Autumn-Winter Mini catalogue launch 2-step bird


Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes


Card: Kraft, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White


Ink: Soft Suede stampin' pad


DSP: Cottage Wall and Autumn Traditions Designer Series papers


Other: Paper piercing tool, mat pack, Top Note Die, XL Two-Step Bird Punch, Word Window Punch


 


I have to give credit to Angela Sargeant for the inspiration for my gorgeous (if I may say so myself) bird card!  I totally drew inspiration from this beautiful card; I'd seen it, and made my own version, but completely forgot to thank Angela for the lovely idea.  My friends can attest to my rather scatterbrained ways at the moment, so I'm sorry for being remiss, Ange.  Love your work! :) 



 
 
 
 



4 comments:

  1. Love your blog - I'll be back the wee monkey card is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all fabulous, what a cheeky monkey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards Christine - sounds like a fun launch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lucky friends you have, getting to play in your lovely craft room ;) We had lots of fun and came away some great new ideas ... and a hankering for all the new products :p

    ReplyDelete