Sunday, April 4, 2010

YAY FOR THE BUTTERFLY PUNCH (and JUMBO BRADS)!

With the 'expiry' of the recent Summer Mini catalogue, from Stampin' Up!, I was most concerned that the Butterfly punch would be no longer available.  This long-awaited, versatile, punch has been available in Australia for only a few short months, and has proven very popular - it co-ordinates not only with the Butterfly Prints stamp set from the Summer Mini, but with the Flight of the Butterfly stamp set from the 2009-2010 Idea Book & Catalogue (which is current through until the end of August).  I LOVE it.

Great news, people!  Stampin' Up! has several products, from both the Summer Mini catalogue, and the earlier Spring Mini catalogue, that will carry over into our new catalogue coming out in September.  Even though these products don't appear in a current catalogue, they are still available to purchase.  So, if you haven't yet bought the Scallop Oval punch (that mats beautifully behind the Large Oval punch), or the Butterfly Punch, or Jumbo brads, to name a few, don't despair!

I thought I'd share with you today a few cards on which I've used these products, so you can see what a nice touch they add to a card.  Settle in for a little trip down Memory Lane!


First up, the BUTTERFLY PUNCH:


Butterfly love






Kraft,blue flight of butterfly


On this next card I've used both the Butterfly Punch and the SCALLOP OVAL PUNCH:

Jade's bday card

... and another card (using a retired stamp set), showing how well the Large Oval Punch fits inside the Scallop Oval Punch:


HELLO AGAIN CARD

Stampin' Up!'s punches co-ordinate so beautifully with the stamp sets, and make it very easy to achieve a beautiful result with your card-making and scrapbooking.

Being a huge fan of brads (split pins) as an embellishment, I've made a number of cards with both the 'giant' 5/8" size, and the smaller 5/16" brads, both of which come in a Neutrals Assortment (Very Vanilla, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip and Silver).  Unfortunately, I seem to have given away most of the cards, without photographing them first.  Here are a few photos of cards that have the 5/8" JUMBO BRADS on them:

BABY CARD FOR MATT & JO


Brown, teal thanks card


Celery,pink stripe card


I love how flat these brads are. The smaller size (5/16") is great to add to flower centres.


So, as well as feeling the excitement of all the gorgeous new products just released in Australia, I'm really happy to be able to share this news about some 'not so new' favourites.

If I can help you with a Stampin' Up! order (no need to hold a workshop, if you'd just like to order direct), please email me.  I am happy to answer any questions I can!





2 comments:

  1. Hi Christine,
    Thanks for the awesome trip back down memory lane with your beautiful cards, and YAY for the butterfly punch staying!!
    Thankyou also for your lovely comments on my blog, they always make me smile :)
    Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a talented girl you are, my fav is the red and black one, I love that punch too.

    ReplyDelete