Friday, April 22, 2011

"NATURE WALK" FROM STAMPIN' UP!

Earlier this month I ran a couple of card-making classes, to 'show off' the scrumptious new products in Stampin' Up!'s Autumn-Winter Mini catalogue.  We make four cards in every class, and I thought I'd share with you my favourite.

I was very taken with this card made by the supremely-talented Teneale Williams; my eye was drawn immediately to the Bravo Burgundy she used.  It's a colour I don't give much love to, but I was determined to design my own version using Bravo Burgundy as a starting point.  My trusty Stampin' Up! Color Coach suggested I team it with River Rock and Baja Breeze - I thought "what the??!!", but you know what?  The colour combination is FANTASTIC, and I am determined to use it again; love, love, love it.  Here's the card we made in my classes:


Stamps: Nature Walk, French Foliage, Friends 24-7
Card: Bravo Burgundy, Baja Breeze, Very Vanilla
Ink: Bravo Burgundy stampin' pad, Baja Breeze stampin' pad and marker, River Rock stampin' pad and marker
Other: Modern Label punch, blender pens, Basic Pearls, Stamping sponge, Stamp-a-ma-jig, sponge dauber, edge distressing tool




Since this is my second post for today, I want to just remind you that you NEED to come back over the weekend to check out the blog hop entries posted by a group of us Australian Stampin' Up! demonstrators!  We'll have more great ideas for you, for using products from the Autumn-Winter Mini catalogue.

10 comments:

  1. This is an awesome colour combo and one l will be giving a run for sure.
    Love your card to bits and those sets work beautifully together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely beautiful. You have been busy today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning, an admitedly tricky colour combo for me, but you have made the most lovely card with it! Wonderful stamping all round.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm inspired...time for me to invest in a Colour Coach :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes you are right this colour combo is fantastic.... might have to try it out myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow!!! I would never have put these colours together!! colour coach here I come too!! that is a stunning card Christine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous Christine; love how you have combined the different stamp sets. Might have to invest in Bravo Burgundy after all :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Christine,
    This card is just stunning!! I love all the different elements to your card and the way you have combined the colours AND the sets is fabulous! I have Bravo Burgundy from an old pack of A4 cardstock and have always been too scared to use it!! Not anymore!!
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this colour combo, and I've NEVER given BB any love - time I change that.

    YOur card is lovely.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous Christine. Great choice of colours & beautiful combination of images. Love the pearl accents. :)

    ReplyDelete