Wednesday, August 3, 2011

INKSPIRATIONS COLOUR CHALLENGE #80




For the past few days, I've been a bit intimidated by this week's Inkspirations colour challenge!!  I decided to bite the bullet and have a go, after being inspired by a masking technique my friend Helen showed me on one of her gorgeous cards.

I've come up with a very simple little note card, using just splashes of colour on a mostly white 'canvas'.  Because I've made, and photographed, this card at night, I apologise that you really have to squint to see the details!  I added a Whisper White scalloped border to the bottom of the card.  The central panel was masked off with a Post-it Note, and stamped with Pocket Silhouettes.  Sweet little Itty Bitty Flower punchies add a bit of embellishment.  The edges of the Pear Pizzazz mat have been distressed a little.


Stamps: Sincere Salutations, Pocket Silhouettes
Card: Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz, SU! Note card in Whisper White, Peach Parfait
DSP: Concord Crush Patterns Designer Series Paper
Ink: Concord Crush, Pear Pizzazz and Peach Parfait stampin' pads
Other: Stamp-a-ma-jig, Scallop Edge border punch, Itty Bitty Shapes punch, Basic Pearls

4 comments:

  1. this is a really lovely card, Christine. l have this stamp set and have never used it very much. Might give masking a try

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful is your card? I love the border effect you have created...and that colour combo is so pretty. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful job with the masking technique! I like the fresh colors this card offers. Very pretty, Christine ... thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with the colour challenge Christine! Love how you masked out the centre, very effective :)

    ReplyDelete