Tuesday, August 23, 2011

JAI #81 : MORNING CUP GIFT CARD SET

This week's colour challenge at Just Add Ink had me stumped for a bit, until I made the decision to finally ink up the Morning Cup stamp set I have had for a while, and hadn't used.  I had a lot of fun 'watercolouring' (using a blender pen, and inkpads) with these colours:






I decided to also show some love to my neglected Scallop Envelope die; so cute, but seldom used in my household.  I cut out two envelopes, from Bashful Blue card, and trimmed the bottom flap on each.  I then joined the two envelopes to make a tiny box, and cut off the scalloped flap from the front. 



This sweet little box is the perfect size to hold 6 gift or note cards, 7.5cm x 7 cm in size.  Here's a top view (with the cards arranged in a pretty pattern of colour - Very Vanilla, Bashful Blue and Peach Parfait) ....




Sorry about the less-than-fabulous lighting in these photos.  It was TOO sunny on our front deck (I am happy to report that Spring is on its way!), so I set up around the side of the house, in the shade.  I had to very hurriedly photograph the little cards, as gusts of wind seemed to pick up every time I tried to stand them up.  They look pretty cute in real life, if I may say so!






Stamps: Morning Cup, Teeny Tiny Sentiments, Tiny Tags, Bring on the Cake
Card: Bashful Blue smooth & textured, Cajun Craze, Peach Parfait, Very Vanilla, Watercolour paper
DSP: Cajun Craze and Bashful Blue Patterns Designer Series Papers
Ink: Jet Black Staz-On inkpad, Bashful Blue stampin' pad and marker, Peach Parfait stampin' pad and marker, Cajun Craze stampin' pad, Versamark inkpad
Other: Word Window punch, Medium Jewelry Tag punch, Decorative Label punch, Large Oval punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, Scallop Circle punch, 1 3/4" circle punch, Circles #2 die, 2 3/8" Scallop Circle punch, Itty Bitty Shapes punch, Boho Blossoms punch, Basic Pearls, sponge daubers, stampin' sponges, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Two-Step Owl Punch, Frost White shimmer paint (mixed with Isocol to make shimmer spray), blender pens, Neutrals brad








17 comments:

  1. Such a cute little cift card set, Christine! Thanks for the tip on how to make a box from the scallop envelopes too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh, what a gorgeous project! I love this Christine, and each of the little cards are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute little gift set, a fab idea my friend, thanks for the inspiration for the envelope die and especially this stamp set, l have hardly inked mine up at all..:0) and a fab use of the JAI colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! But why do you keep creating beautiful cards with stamps I don't have? My wish/want list keeps growing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such sweet cards!!! You've done such a fab job with the colours - I'm super impressed :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute little project it has given me ideas for lucky door prizes for my upcoming new catalogue launch! Thanks Christine and thanks for playing again at Just Add Ink this week! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous collection of gift cards Christine and I love how you packaged them up. Great project indeed!!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a darling little set of notecards, Christine. That stamp set really suits the colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea, such sweet cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WoW Christine , sooooo cute and creative. just love it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Thanks for your comment... we must be thinking alike...lol.
    Ahhhhhhhhhh Coffee, coffee, coffee... someone after my own heart...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute cards and holder, Christine! Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Christine, this is a very cute gift set, and great use of the colour combo x Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your HM Christine! This set is fantastic - what a great idea and great use of colours. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Christine,

    Very cute cards!! Congrats on your HM at JAI!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute set, Christine. Would make a fab gift.

    ReplyDelete