Monday, August 8, 2011

A SNEAK PEEK, WITH CREDIT TO MY COLOR COACH!

I decided last night to have a play with my Button Buddies stamp set - a gorgeous new set debuting in Australia/NZ at the beginning of September.  One of the great perks of being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator is the ability to earn some sets for free, and to pre-order others before their official release.  Button Buddies is one of the sets I came home from Convention with in May, and I have exercised incredible restraint (if I may say so myself!) and only just inked it up now!

My starting point for these cards was some Daffodil Delight buttons, that I got for free with last month's Stampin' Up! promotion.  I checked my Color Coach, and decided to go with the suggestion to use Daffodil Delight, Night of Navy and Old Olive together.  I never would've come up with this combo on my own, but I love the look.

I'm entering these cards in this month's So Shelli Creative Challenge.


This first card also uses another little stamp set (containing a couple of sweet sentiments) that will be out 1st September:

Stamps: Button Buddies, It's Your Day (both available 1st Sept.)
Card: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Night of Navy
DSP: Old Olive and Night of Navy Patterns Designer Series Papers
Ink: Night of Navy stampin' pad and marker, Old Olive stampin' pad and marker, Daffodil Delight marker, Crumb Cake stampin' pad
Other: Ice Cream Parlor buttons, Word Window punch, Modern Label punch, Daffodil Delight taffeta ribbon, Circles #2 die, Scallop Squares Duo die, sponge daubers, stampin' dimensionals, mini glue dots



I've used the same colours on my second card, but changed things around a bit.  I am rather partial to the little scalloped mat I put behind the sentiment (can you see it?).  I used my SU! Scallop Envelope die to cut a Crumb Cake envelope, then cut off the envelope flap and just used that portion.  Don't you think it looks cute?!


Stamps: Button Buddies, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Card: Crumb Cake, Whisper White smooth & textured, Old Olive textured
DSP: Night of Navy Patterns Designer Series Paper
Ink: Night of Navy stampin' pad & marker, Old Olive marker, Daffodil Delight marker, Crumb Cake stampin' pad
Other: Ice Cream Parlor buttons, Word Window punch, Daffodil Delight taffeta ribbon, Scallop Envelope die, Scallop Squares Duo die, sponge daubers, mini glue dots

6 comments:

  1. They are both gorgeous, l especially love the envelope peeking out, a fantastic idea!
    May have to case that one...:0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, I luv these colors and the set, it is soooo cute...hop your day is awesome!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful color combination. Both are so lovely. Good luck in the challenge - they look like winners to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous .... love the colour choices, this is such an adorable stamp set and a real all rounder!
    I love the scallop envelope flap, what a clever way to use that - subtle but oh so effective!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such happy cheerful cards...love all the extra little touches. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colours! I don´t know exactly why but I like the second more!

    ReplyDelete