Tuesday, September 27, 2011

INKSPIRATIONS COLOUR CHALLENGE #88 : TINY SCALLOP SQUARE CARD

This week's bright colour combo at Inkspirations had me a little stumped at first, but I soldiered on! 






One of the several new stamp sets I HAD to have as soon as the new Stampin' Up! catalogue was released, is the super-cute "Best of Everything".  Because I'd not yet shown it love, I decided this was the perfect occasion.

I used my Scallop Squares Duo die to cut a little card out of Pacific Point cardstock.  I inked up the Buttons & Blossoms jumbo wheel in Pacific Point ink, and rolled that across the card front.  The little birds were inked with markers, and the button stamp was inked in Pumpkin Pie ink, and stamped off once before being used to decorate the top of the main panel.  It's a simple little card, but pretty cute, I think!  Take a look:






Bearing in mind that I cut this with the larger of the two Scallop Squares on the die, check out how small it is when next to a regular-sized card.  So sweet!


Stamps: Best of Everything, Buttons & Blossoms jumbo Stampin' Around wheel
Card: Pacific Point, Melon Mambo, Whisper White
Ink: Pacific Point stampin' pad and marker, Pumpkin Pie stampin' pad and marker
Other: Scallop Squares Duo Bigz die, Word Window punch, Melon Mambo Pompom Trim (retired), stampin' dimensionals, Sticky Strip

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I love it!!! What a sweet little scallop card! I love it! Thanks for playing this week.

    Hugs,
    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute bird image and great use of the bright colours this week. Love the pompoms. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirations this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's adorable! Love the pompom trim and how cute and tiny the card is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a little sweetie! Adorable little card Christine. I just love those bright birdies & the fun trim. :)

    ReplyDelete