Sunday, September 11, 2011

STAMPIN' UP!'S PRECIOUS BUTTERFLIES

In my opinion, a girl cannot have too many butterfly stamps.  For this reason, I just had to have Stampin' Up!'s new "Precious Butterflies" stamp set (it's a 'hostess' set that you can earn with a $300 order, or workshop)!

Here's the first card I made with this set, using the new coloured embossing powders in Melon Mambo and Wild Wasabi.  The frame for my sentiment is from another fabulous hostess set, Tagtastic.



Stamps: Precious Butterflies, Tagtastic, Texture jumbo wheel
Card: Crumb Cake, Whisper White
DSP: Wild Wasabi Patterns Designer Series Paper
Ink: Crumb Cake, Wild Wasabi and Basic Black stampin' pads, Versamark inkpad
Other: Melon Mambo and Wild Wasabi embossing powders, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Top Note die, Curly Label punch, 3/4" circle punch, sponge daubers, Basic Rhinestone


I then went for a completely different look, to incorporate a doily from the Flirtatious Designer Series Paper pack.  I chose Melon Mambo and Pumpkin Pie as my feature colours.  It's hard to see in the photo, but just above the black panel, I've stamped the circle of butterflies in Versamark ink (perhaps I should've used Melon Mambo.  Ah well, I think the card's plenty bright enough as it is!).



Stamps: Precious Butterflies, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Card: Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, Basic Black
DSP: Flirtatious Specialty Designer Series Paper
Ink: Versamark inkpad, Basic Black stampin' pad, Melon Mambo stampin' pad and marker, Pumpkin Pie stampin' pad
Other: Beautiful Wings embosslits die, Ribbon Lace border punch, Basic Rhinestones, 1 3/4" circle punch, Circles #2 die, 3/4" circle punch, Stamp-a-ma-jig, sponge dauber


I really like the first card.  The second, not so much.  Still, I'm having fun playing with my new goodies, and I will have plenty more to share with you in coming days and weeks!

7 comments:

  1. Oooh...pretty! l love this set and you have used it beautifully, the watermark butterfly background looks fabulous.
    The second one is gorgeous too! love the colours and layout on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Butterflies are beautiful and so are both your cards, as usual. Marls

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of these Christine. The subtly of the top one and the boldness of the pink. Especially love all the tiny little butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This set wasn't one that jumped out of the catalogue at me but I'm looking again now Christine! The first card is my favourite - I absolutely love your layout and the soft colours you've used. The second card is pretty too with those layered butterflies and the punched lace border. You sound as if you're having great fun and I can't wait to see what's next! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely lovely lovely. I think I like the top card best, the more subtle colour combo is gorgeous. Love the completely different look you get from the bold colours too. Fabulous that you tried both!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both gorgeous,Christine, particularly the first one. You've convinced me to add this set to my Wish List!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely love the softness of the first card Christine. The embossed butterfly bloom looks amazing.
    The bright colours of the second are equally striking & the doily looks great with your layered images. Love the subtle black border. :)

    ReplyDelete