Monday, February 27, 2012

STAMPIN' UP! EXTREME ELEMENTS & GRUNGE ROCK FOR A 5OTH

Stampin' Up!'s Extreme Elements stamp set has long been a favourite of mine, for male cards especially.  I've combined stamps from that set, with Grunge Rock (a new-to-me stamp set, that I am loving) - how great does the sentiment look?  This card is for my brother-in-law, who recently celebrated his half-century.

My trusty Color Coach suggested I combine Always Artichoke, Crumb Cake and (would you believe it?) Bashful Blue.  I must say I rather like how these colours work together.



Stamps: Extreme Elements, Grunge Rock, Texture jumbo Stampin' Around wheel
Card: Always Artichoke and Bashful Blue textured card, Crumb Cake
Ink: Crumb Cake, Bashful Blue and Always Artichoke stampin' pads
Other: Timeless Type alphabet dies, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, edge distressing tool, sponge daubers, Linen Thread, Artichoke denim ribbon

7 comments:

  1. Looks really good Christine. I have used this set a few times for my men/boy cards. Marls

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really are a master when it comes to male cards Christine & showing off the EE set to prime advantage. Love the "splat" "frame" for the numbers. There are so many little details in your card, but it retains its rugged masculinity. Awesome! Do you realise every visit leaves me with a longer "ooh, I think I need that!" list.... Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Mens card! I find them so hard to do. Love the dash of blue just makes the whole thing pop!
    Tam x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card ,Christine. Men's cards are the hardest to design,l think . But you always come up with great idea's

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I'll have to dub you the Queen of male cards (if that's politically correct). Living in a household of men, you sure know how to make some great cards for blokes! This one would have to be labelled as grungy gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Christine! I love the twine ties on your denim ribbon and the colour combo - the Colour Coach never lies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it in these colours too, you really make the whole guy thing look easy, l love the ribbon finish.

    ReplyDelete