Wednesday, February 15, 2012

STAMPIN' UP!'S "MY FRIEND" IN RAZZLEBERRY

I've had a little play time in my craft room today,  stamping up a storm after being inspired by this gorgeous card made by the fabulous Kirsty Brown.

Although I LOVE Stampin' Up!'s Spice Cake Designer Series Papers, I decided to go with a different colour scheme.  It has been a while since I've used Rich Razzleberry, so that was my starting point.  Yesterday I dyed a crocheted flower, from Stampin' Up!'s Fleurettes II, using Rich Razzleberry ink diluted a little in water.  Love how rich the end result was.  It was a bit insipid the first time, but I upped the amount of ink, and left it soaking while I enjoyed lunch with a girlfriend for Valentine's Day :)

Tiny butterflies from the Beautiful Wings embosslits die, are perfect to fill any 'unwanted' space (and I had a bit of it, since I opted for a smaller sentiment than on Kirsty's card).  Here's what I came up with:



Stamps: Spiced Paisley, My Friend
Card: Rich Razzleberry, Naturals Ivory, Soft Suede, Baja Breeze
DSP: Tickets & Tags Simply Scrappin' kit
Ink: Crumb Cake stampin' pad, Baja Breeze stampin' pad and marker, Rich Razzleberry stampin' pad and marker, Soft Suede stampin' pad and marker
Other: Stampin' sponge, sponge dauber, Beautiful Wings embosslits, Dotted Scallop Ribbon border punch, Fleurettes II, Fancy Flower punch, Corner rounder punch, Chantilly crochet trim, 5/16" Jumbo brad (Very Vanilla), sticky strip, mini glue dots, Multipurpose liquid glue

11 comments:

  1. Very pretty card,my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Christine - I also get a colour I haven't used in a while in my head and have to use it. Rich razzleberry is such a pretty colour and it looks gorgeous on your card with the spiced paisley stamp set. Pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous colour combination Christine! Love the rich hue you have achieved with that sweet fleurette. Fabulous card. Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!!! those colours look amazing together really rich and yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh Razzleberry and Baja Breeze, great combo and the elegance of soft suede to boot! Love the lace detail and the crochet trim.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice!! Love those colours together.
    Tam x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this colour combo ... how striking does that blue look combined with the RR. Love the soft vintage look of this card too!!1

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Christine! Thanks so much for your lovely emails and your kind help with my Prismacolours! This card is stunning! Gorgeous colour combo ... and it has gone into my 'FAV colour combo' file to use at sometime! I just subscribed ... so I can keep up with what you are doing! It has been so nice to make a new blog friend! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet color combo! I love the crochet trim and flower paired with the paisley background. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty! I love these colors together.

    ReplyDelete