Friday, March 30, 2012

JAI #111 : JUST ADD EASTER

With Easter fast approaching (but still with time enough to create some pretty Easter gifts and/or cards), we at Just Add Ink would like to share with you some project ideas.  Please make sure you check out the Design Team's fantastic creations, for this challenge set by Mae.  We hope to inspire you to make your own, and share them with us!

I own one Easter stamp, and one Easter sentiment stamp, from Stampin' Up!, but was determined to come up with something a little different to what I've already shared here.

I decided I wanted a slightly vintagey feel to my Easter card, drawing inspiration from the colours and patterns in Stampin' Up!'s gorgeous Beau Chateau Designer Series Papers.  It's hard to see in the photo, but I stamped the left-hand panel of DSP with the small floral spray from Established Elegance (in Pink Pirouette), and the bird eggs from Nature Walk (in Crumb Cake).

Here's the rather "girly" Easter card I made (well, isn't it normally girls and women who appreciate cards more??!):



Stamps: Give a Gift, Teeny Tiny Sentiments, Nature Walk, Established Elegance
Card: Crumb Cake, Pink Pirouette, Very Vanilla
DSP: Beau Chateau Designer Series Paper
Ink: Crumb Cake stampin' pad, Timber Brown Staz-On inkpad (not SU!), Pink Pirouette stampin' pad
Other: Victoria crochet trim, XL Oval punch, Scallop Edge border punch, Word Window and Modern Label punches, Designer Frame embossing folder, sponge dauber, Itty Bitty shapes punch, Basic Pearls, Watercolour Crayons and aquapainter, mini glue dots


The rest of the Design Team have some amazing Easter ideas, so make sure you check them out here!  We look forward to seeing what you come up with, too.

12 comments:

  1. Very girly and very cute! Love the vintage look and I think you are right in saying females appreciate cards more.
    Tam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an excellent way to use the oval embossing folder. Love that you've used 'non' Easter dsp and made it look so perfectly Easter. Lovely card Christine.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the soft look you've created. Bunny looks great in the frame & the background papers & flowers work really well together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't he just the cutest bunny rabbit! Reminds me of EH Shepard's illustrations from the original Winnie-the-Pooh books. (oh yeah, I cherish mine to this day!). The paper is so retro, so soft, takes me back to the good ol' days ... and I'm rambling. What I'm trying to say, Christine, is that I LOVE your card. There you have it! :-)

    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your gorgeous soft colours Christine and a very clever use of the embossing folder, it fits that image perfectly.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO cute!! I love the dry embossed frame!! Thanks for popping by my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colours you've used on your card Christine and especially the way you've used the frame around the egg. (I still haven't used these frames yet :o) It is such a pretty card with the lace and pearl embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an adorable card, Christine. Happy Easter to you and thanks for the heads up on 112 ;) with the slip of a button.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful soft colours to make a very sweet Easter card. That cute bunny takes centre stage especially when framed so wonderfully.
    Kim xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet & pretty Christine. I love the colour palette you have used & the soft, vintage feel it invokes. Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwwww, so cute! I love that little bunny image and you colored it so beautifully! And I love the frame around it--it works perfectly with that image.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the wonderful inspiration, Christine! I love seeing what you do for this challenge each week even if I don't find time to play.

    ReplyDelete