Saturday, April 7, 2012

C4C #131: A COLOUR CHALLENGE

Tonight I discovered a new (to me) challenge site, called Crazy 4 Challenges.  I love colour challenges, and this week's challenge is to make a papercraft project using blue, white and one other colour.  I've chosen black (which technically is a shade, but hopefully it fits the criteria!).

On a rare visit to a local scrapbooking store the other day, I picked up some delicious paper from Pink Paislee.  I am pretty much all-Stampin' Up! in my projects, but this paper just called to me.  Besides, I thought it'd be a nice match with SU!s Pool Party, a sweet, soft blue.  It turns out the paper is a little darker, but I think it works.

Here's my card:




Stamps: Delicate Doilies, Short & Sweet, For My Family
Card: Pool Party, Basic Black, Whisper White
DSP: Parisian Anthology (Pink Paislee)
Ink: Basic Black and Crumb Cake stampin' pads, Pool Party stampin' pad and marker
Other: Bird Builder punch, Itty Bitty Shapes punch, Basic Rhinestones (coloured with permanent markers), Pool Party baker's twine, Stamp-a-ma-jig, edge distressing tool, sponge daubers

8 comments:

  1. The paper works perfectly! I love this card...it's vintage but still very sweet and simple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really sweet Christine and your DSP is a lovely contrast, it works perfectly l think!
    The doily buntings look ever so cute, l need to pop that one in the case file..:0)
    Have a lovely day tomorrow with the family. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love those doily buntings and the bakers twine!! This is a beautiful card Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the sweetest card... must dust off my very neglected birdie punch! Love the bunting...such a beautiful effect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card Christine Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty & dainty Christine! The little rows of bunting are oh so sweet & the colours are gorgeous. Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a sweet card, Christine. That DSP is great with Pool Party and the doily banner is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! What gorgeous DSP! I will pop by the challenge site ... always good to find some more inspiration! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete