Friday, April 20, 2012

JAI #114: JUST ADD ...... JODENE TRIPP

This week's challenge at Just Add Ink is to create a papercraft project, inspired by the beautiful work of Jodene.   Jodene has a beautiful, clean style, and is AWESOME at colouring - you must look through her blog, if you're not already a follower.  I struggle with keeping cards 'clean', so this is a good challenge for me.

I have chosen to CASE this card of Jodene's.  I have added a couple of extra layers (just because that's "how I roll"!), and have put to use a poinsettia that I made this past Christmas, and that didn't make it onto a card in time for December 2011!  In lieu of an embossed or textured background, I've chosen to subtly stamp on the Designer Series Paper panel.  It feels a little odd to be making a Christmas card this early in the year, but now that I've done it, I feel kind of virtuous, for having one made already! LOL.   Here's my version:




Stamps: Season of Joy
Card: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler
DSP: Letters to Santa Designer Series Paper
Ink: Basic Black marker, Versamark inkpad, Crumb Cake stampin' pad, Cherry Cobbler stampin' pad
Other: Timeless Type Junior Alphabet sizzlits dies, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Scallop Edge border punch, Basics Glimmer Brad, Blossom Petals builder punch, Champagne shimmer mist sponge daubers, mat pack, Tombow liquid glue



Be sure to check out the rest of the Design Team's samples at Just Add Ink, and we hope you'll play along with us this week!

9 comments:

  1. Love the combination of die cut and stamped greetings, Christine. The glimmer brad gives the lovely Poinsettia flower extra pop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous take on Jodene's original! Love the crisp die-cut sentiment, your fabulous blossom builder poinsettia & that subtle DSP stamping. Fabulous Christine! Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fantastic christmas card Christine. I love your poinsettia with the sparkly gold centre and I love the way you've arranged the Merry too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your case of my card Christine, especially that gorgeous Poinsettia, it really takes centre stage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your take on Jodenes card Christine, your Poinsettia is gorgeous, as is the background flowers stamped on DSP...love everything about this card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your first Christmas card of 2012. It's beautiful ... love the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great CASE of Jodene's chrissy card Christine. I love your poinsettia - it's a lovely focal point along with your lettering.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your Christmas card - a fantastic CASE of Jodene's card.

    ReplyDelete