Monday, July 9, 2012

SC 48/12: STAMPIN' UP!'S LANGUAGE OF FRIENDSHIP

I had a chance last night to make a card for this week's challenge at Sunny Challenges & Creations.  It has been weeks since I've played along, and I've missed taking part!

Vicky has come up with this sketch, with the added challenge of using Chocolate Chip and Old Olive:







I pulled out my hardly-used Language of Friendship stamp set for this one.  Whilst I do love any stamp sets that co-ordinate with punches, I have to say this one is a bit "off" in its measurements - if I want to punch the bird perfectly, the wing gets chopped off a bit, and if I want to punch the wing perfectly, the bird has a bigger border on one side than the other.  I know I could overcome this by stamping and punching the bird and wing separately, but I didn't actually think of that until I was typing this blog post .... so, forgive the oddly-punched bird!





Stamps: Language of Friendship, Trendy Trees
Card: Old Olive, Very Vanilla
DSP: Chocolate Chip and Old Olive Patterns Designer Series Paper, Jolly Holiday DSP (retired)
Ink: Old Olive and Chocolate Chip stampin' pads
Other: Labels Collection Framelits, Bird Builder punch, Decorative Label punch, Old Olive satin ribbon, Brights button, Lucky Limeade baker's twine, Basic Pearls, sponge daubers, mini glue dots





14 comments:

  1. This is a great card Christine. I like your bird, it looks like there are 2 of them! Love the touch of perals you have added as well. Thanks for joining us this week at Sunny Challenges & Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Christine. Love how you've stamped on the DSP. Really adds dimension to your card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the sketch and love your colour choice.
    Tam x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funnily enough, the bird looks fine but I agree with you too, it's nice to have it all lining up. Love your little flower stamp all over the background too, nice touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, Christine. The stamped DSP framelit label looks fab. I don't think I've inked up this set yet :(.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wouldn't it be nice if everything lined up perfectly with the punches! Pretty use of DSP and labels.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card Christine. The bird effect is great too. Fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elegant & classy, Christine. Great colours! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is lovely Christine. My fave bit is the lovely opulent bow, gives so much dimension and looks luscious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely adore what you have done with the sketch. Love the shape in the centre and the beautiful bird. The pearls and button along with the bow just add the right finishing touches to a gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at Sunny Challenges and Creations this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card Christine, and that ribbon really does look luscious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving all the olive and such a great use of the sketch. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great take on the sketch Christine. I love how your chocolate framelit really brings the focus in on the bird. As always, your stamped DSP is fabulous! Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love how the different DSPs work so well with the birdie & sketch.

    ReplyDelete