Friday, July 27, 2012

SC # 50/12: REFLECTION TECHNIQUE WITH STAMPIN' UP!'S ORNATE BLOSSOM

We have got to the end of the week, and I realised that I'm fast running out of time to enter this week's challenge at Sunny Challenges & Creations.





I have never tried the Reflection Technique, so I really wanted to give it a go.  I had an idea to use the Ornate Blossom stamp as a water lily/lotus type flower (sorry for my floral ignorance!).   This is the first time this stamp has seen ink!!  I first inked up the stamp using my Pretty in Pink stampin' pad.  I added colour with markers, and stamped onto Whisper White card.  Using my aquapainter and stampin' pads, I added a bit more depth of colour to the flower.

 The end result of my reflection stamping is not quite what I had in mind, but I'll leave it as is, and chalk it up to experience!  I think because I chose a lighter colour ink (Pretty in Pink) to stamp on the acetate, the mirrored image was a bit patchier than I'd hoped.  Perhaps it was just my bad stamping.  Anyway, here's the card I came up with for the challenge, that closes in a few short hours!







Stamps: Ornate Blossom, Friends Never Fade, Trendy Trees
Card: Rose Red textured, Whisper White, Pool Party
DSP: Pool Party Patterns Designer Series Paper
Ink: Versamark inkpad, Jet Black Staz-On inkpad, Pretty in Pink stampin' pad, Regal Rose stampin' pad and marker, Rose Red stampin' pad and marker, So Saffron marker, Pool Party stampin' pad
Other: Aquapainter, Labels Collection framelits dies, Word Window punch, Basic Rhinestones, Pool Party ruffled ribbon, sponge dauber, Scallop edge punch, mini glue dots, acetate



6 comments:

  1. Wow Christine you have certainly done a magnificent job with the technique and sketch challenge this week. Love the stamp you have chosen and the colours. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Sunny Challenges and Creations this week Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a totally gogeous card Christine. I love how you used your flower stamp for your reflection. Beautiful result! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Sunny Challenges & Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool technique! love the soft watercolour effect and your stamp choice...lovely!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous design ... Great result! Haven't tried this techy before. Hope to play sometime soon! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool technique Christine & I like the soft, patchy look. Pretty colour choices too. Fancy having a stamp that hasn't seen ink, LOL!!! Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colours. The water lily/lotus type flower is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete