Friday, August 10, 2012

JAI #130: JUST ADD ...... BLUE & BLING!

This week at Just Add Ink, Nikki has set a great challenge ... to use blue, and bling, on our card/scrapbook page.  The possibilities are endless!  You'll see how much of a variety the Design Team have come up with .... and we'd love you to join us. 

My first thought was to use a soft blue, like Bashful Blue, but I decided to make a card for a teal-loving friend who needed a bit of a lift, so I went with Island Indigo.

Here's my sample for this week's challenge:





Stamps: Delicate Doilies, Tagtastic
Card: Glossy White, Island Indigo
Ink: Island Indigo and Whisper White stampin' pads, Versamark inkpad
Other: Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer punch, XL Oval punch, Dotted Scallop Ribbon border punch, Mat Pack and Paper Piercing tool, Designer Printed brad, Brights Glimmer brad, Circle Ice brad, Basic Rhinestones, sponge dauber, seam binding (not SU!)



I based this card on one of the very first cards I made using Delicate Doilies - you can see it here.  That card, in neutrals, stands out to me as one of my all-time favourite cards, and I've been meaning to try similar cards in different colours.  I'm really pleased with how this came out, and must try the design in some more colours!  Nothing quite like CASEing yourself, is there?!


 

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, fantastic colour Teal and a gorgeous ribbon who could ask for more well done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine what a fun and cheery card this is!!
    I like all the different brads you have used :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE how you used the doileys on this card.
    its so...textured,vintage? Reminds me of crushed silk? I'm not sure what...but I want to touch it!!!
    I hadn't seen your neutral one before and I love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!!! Bet it's even more impressive when you can really see the effect of the glossy card stock!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for a lovely evening reading your blog!! Your color combinations are beautiful...you are a true inspiration! Keep up the great work.
    Xx Sam

    ReplyDelete
  6. My twin sister (Christine,too!) would love this ... She is such a tealy blue girl! This is such a beauty, Christine! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous use of the Delicate Doilies set and the use of random bling is a great idea. l really love the overall effect and colour choice. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE your layered up doilies...such stunning dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello lovely Christine!!!
    I sooo love that you cased yourself! that's super awesome lovely, that you liked an idea sooo much that you gave it another go!!! I can honestly say that i've never thought of doing that!!! Just great!
    As for your very blue card, there will certainly be feelings of joy and warmth when your friend receives it, there truly is something about blue and to add the sparkle is a match made in heaven!!!
    Sending huge hugs your way sweet Christine,
    SMiles Sharnee :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's lovely Christine - must break open that set, thank goodness it didn't retire .. and work out how to get the ribbon to scrunch up that way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous Christine, both in teal & the neutrals! Love the soft effect of the white stamping in the mix. Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love what you have done here Christine with Delicate Doilies and I am sure this will give the recipient a lift.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love all the little embellishments that you've scattered over the top of dollie background Christine - which is just gorgeous in teal! It would cheer anyones day in a big way!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all the different bling you've used on your card Christine. The doilies look gorgeous in that colour.I'm sure your friend will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous, as usual, Christine! Love how striking Island Indigo and white are together! All your little bits of bling are very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is stunning, Christine. Love the crisp white with teal and such a gorgeous bow to finish.

    ReplyDelete