Sunday, August 12, 2012

SC 053/12: BIG TOP BIRTHDAY

My second week as a Guest Designer at Sunny Challenges & Creations has indeed brought a challenge my way.  Working with angled, or tilted,  panels is outside of my comfort zone, so this sketch was a good challenge for me!






I love Stampin' Up!'s Big Top Birthday Designer Series Paper - so bright, and happy.  Both this paper, and the stamp set I used (Party This Way) will be retiring from Stampin' Up!'s range at the end of this month - a bit sad, as they're GREAT for kids' birthday cards.





Stamps: Party This Way
Card: Basic Black, Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight
DSP: Big Top Birthday Designer Series Paper
Ink: Real Red, Tempting Turquoise and Daffodil Delight stampin' pads, Jet Black Staz-On inkpad
Other: Real Red satin ribbon, Neutrals brads, Mat Pack and Paper Piercing tool, Scallop Edge border punch, Large Oval punch, Square Lattice embossing folder, White Baker's Twine, sponge dauber, mini glue dots


We'd love to have you play along with this birthday challenge this week.  Make sure you check out the rest of the Design Team's samples, for inspiration.

8 comments:

  1. It certainly does not look like you struggled at all. Great use of colour and DSP, l love how bright and cheery this card is. Great job with the angled panels too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job with this challenge, Christine. I'm with you on the angled panels. Way outside my comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bright and fun card this is!!!
    I think it looks fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card lives up to your blog name Happy Hearts. I love how bright and cheery this card is. I also will miss this stamp set. Thanks so much for being part of the team, I am enjoying your work very much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christine, I love what you did with my sketch! I put me outside my comfort zone too. It is such a happy card, and I am with Kris, thank you so much for being part of the team at Sunny Challenges and Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Christine - you have definitely conquered those skewed panels (yes, they're scary!) with your bright & fun creation. Love the sweet twine bow on the balloon! Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card birthday card Christine - so bright & happy! I love the paper & balloons, especially the touch of the twine & brads. Thanks for joining us this month at Sunny Challenges & Creations

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this bright and cheery card, Christine. Great sketch as well.

    ReplyDelete