Friday, February 8, 2013

JAI #152 : JUST ADD HEARTS

With Valentine's Day on the horizon, Kim suggested this week's Just Add Ink challenge of "Just Add Hearts".

Stampin' Up! has a LOAD of gorgeous new products that are heart-shaped, so I had fun playing with a couple of new toys for this challenge.  It wasn't until I uploaded the photo of my card that I noticed the 'unclean' fold at the top of the card ....  I'm a bit embarrassed, because I am rather particular (okay, VERY)!  One of my mantras, when I teach classes, is that our cards are handmade - they're not meant to be perfect.  Now it's my time to embrace this, very publicly.




Stamps:  Collage Curios, Papillon Potpourri, Hearts A Flutter, Itty Bitty Banners
Card: Sahara Sand, Very Vanillla, Primrose Petals
DSP: More Amore Specialty Designer Series Paper
Ink: Primrose Petals and Basic Gray stampin' pads
Other: Hearts A Flutter Framelits die, 1" Circle punch, Bitty Butterfly punch, Soda Pop Top (flattened in the Big Shot), In Color Dahlia, Stripes embossing folder, Bitty Banners framelits die, Pink Pirouette and Basic Gray Two-Tone ribbons, Needlepoint Border embossing folder, sponge dauber, glue dots, sticky strip


Be sure to check out the beautiful samples that the rest of the Just Add Ink Design Team have come up with.  We hope you'll link up your own "hearts" creation on the Just Add Ink blog.



8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Christine, I will be trying something out using More Amore and the hearts a flutter today. I agree handmade isn't meant to be perfect, and your card is beautiful. I'm all for embracing a few little imperfections and I might add that if you hadn't mentioned it nobody would have noticed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't even noticed until you pointed it out. Fab card Christine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the wonderful girly cards you've been creating Christine and this is no exception! Love your mix of different textures. And it looks like you rolled the bottle top edges over, I'd would love to know how!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL...I had to squint to see what you were talking about...:0)
    Love that you have used the new ribbon, it's so lush and yummy!
    Very pretty combination of new goodies.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another lovely feminine card. Your main focal point is just perfect. And BTW, I didn't notice your fold until you pointed it out. We are always our own worst critics, aren't we?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is totally gorgeous - love all the gorgeous details you've added Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. pretty pretty! just love the bottlecap with the paper insert with the butterfly and cabochon? LOVE! I also like the idea of embossing the banner tip, awesome! Thanks for visiting me and leaving your comment, it was very sweet of you and I appreciate the time you took to do so. Thank you again, made me smile! :)

    ReplyDelete