Sunday, May 12, 2013

STB #16: STAMPIN' UP!'S THE OPEN SEA

Thankfully, the challenges at Seize the Birthday have gone to a two-week format, rather than weekly ... for the past week and a half, I've been meaning to play along, and finally have some time free.  I'm enjoying my Mother's Day treat, of time in my craft room!

During the week I had some friends over for a stamping day, and I showed them how to make gorgeous patterns on card, using the shaving foam technique.  Judy chose a colour combo of Night of Navy, Pool Party and Crumb cake.  The end result looked quite 'nautical' to me; it lent itself perfectly to being used on a card with The Open Sea stamp set (a GREAT 'guy' set).

Here's the sketch, to be used to make a birthday card:


 
 
 
Because of the swirly detail on my 'shaving foam' panel, I've left my card rather un-embellished; it was difficult to not add brads or buttons, but I think it works, for a male card!
 
 



Stamps: The Open Sea, Perfectly Penned
Card: Crumb Cake, Night of Navy, Whisper White, Pool Party Core'dinations
Ink: Crumb Cake stampin' pad and re-inker, Night of Navy stampin' pad and re-inker, Pool Party re-inker
Other: 2 1/2" Circle punch, sponge daubers, Argyle embossing folder, Crumb Cake tulle (retired), Blue denim ribbon, flag die (not SU!), shaving foam
 


7 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous card my friend! Happy Mothers Day to you. I am just checking out some challenges so I can got and spend the afternoon in my craft room too, so I might give this one a go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...lovin' this...that technique is perfect for the nautical theme! thanks for playing with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome Christine, I love the mesh ribbon you used for texture. Awesome way to show off the sketch! Thank you for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is fantastic, Christine! What a perfect technique to look like a swirling sea behind the ship. Great integration with the sketch!!

    Also, your new blog banner looks wonderful. Good words to live. Very, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a lovely card, I like the look of the shaving foam technique,
    great colours together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG - stunning! What a fab technique and it suits the nautical theme perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful and i love that ship!!!
    Thanks for joining us on Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete