Friday, June 21, 2013

JAI #170 : JUST ADD ..... LEAVES

This week at Just Add Ink, we are challenging you to make a card or papercraft item incorporating LEAVES.  This challenge was my suggestion .... I love "earthy" things!

Well, the card I have come up with is a veritable "leaf-fest".  I've used leaves from three different stamp sets.

The main (how cute is it?) image, from Stampin' Up!'s Four Seasons stamp set, was first inked up using a Crumb Cake stampin' pad.  I then "thumped" the rubber with markers - Soft Suede and Early Espresso - to give a bit of colour variation.  It has turned out to be a rather subtle effect, but thought I'd tell you what I'd done anyway!



Stamps: Four Seasons, Confetti, Lovely As A Tree, Itty Bitty Banners
Card: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla
Ink: Crumb Cake stampin' pad, Early Espresso stampin' pad and marker, Soft Suede marker, Cherry Cobbler stampin' pad and marker
Other: 1" Circle punch, 2 1/2" Circle punch, Perfect Pennants Bigz die, Dotted Scallop Ribbon border punch, Naturals Trim ribbon, Bitty Banners framelits, Modern Label punch, Neutrals brads, sponge dauber, stampin' dimensionals
 
 
 
Please check out the rest of the Design Team samples over at Just Add Ink.  We hope you'll join in the fun this week!
 
 


5 comments:

  1. My gosh this is a leaf fest! But it looks fantastic and I love that ribbon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful card Christine, love all the leaves and the colours you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This a gorgeous (and very earthy) leafy card Christine. Beautiful colours and I love the end result of your thumping too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card and the colour combo, and all those leaves really make for a nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving all those gorgeous leaf stamp sets you've used. You've definitely nailed the leaf challenge Christine. Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete