Friday, November 29, 2013

JAI #193 : STAMPIN' UP!'S CHRISTMAS STAR

Kim has come up with an inspiration pic for us at Just Add Ink this week. 


 
 
I was struck by the vibrant blue of the single star, so pulled out my Pacific Point inkpad, and new Christmas Star stamp, and went to work on a glittery, glimmery Christmas card.  The single Christmas Star stamp features quite heavily in the Design Team's samples this week ... but we've used it differently, and hopefully given you some ideas for using your own, if you have it.  If you don't have it, you NEED it - it's fabulous!
 
 
 
 
After stamping and cutting out the Christmas star, I scored along each of the lines, and folded it (in "mountain and valley" fashion) to give it some dimension.  It's propped up in the middle by two stacked stampin' dimensionals, and secured to the card with a glue dot at each point.
 
The smaller stars in the background were stamped with silver pigment ink, and embossed with Iridescent Ice stampin' emboss powder.  I then added some silver glass glitter to the centres, using multipurpose liquid glue.  Here's a closer view of the shimmery stars:
 
 
 
Stamps: Christmas Star, Simply Stars, That's the Ticket
Card: Pacific Point, Silver Glimmer Paper, Whisper White
Ink: Pacific Point stampin' pad, Silver pigment inkpad
Other: Iridescent Ice stampin' emboss powder, Silver glass glitter, Ticket Duo builder punch, 1/8" Silver ribbon, Large Basic Rhinestone, Stylish Stripes embossing folder, stampin' dimensionals, glue dots, multipurpose liquid glue
 
The rest of the Design Team's samples are really beautiful - make sure you check them out.  We'd love to have you play along with our challenge.
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that's FABULOUS Christine.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sparkly starry card Christine and yes I agree after seeing the inspiration of the DT for using this Star Stamp it is definitely going on my 'must have' list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous array of stars Christine! I love all the different shimmer and shine you've incorporated and of course that big blue star :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous array of stars, Christine, from the small ones that shimmer and shine, to the eye-catching blue one with the beautiful swirls. Stunning! Thank you for your sweet comment on my site. I imagine my first card would have 'fit' the sketch, but any excuse to make more, I'll gladly take! So glad you stopped by - made my day!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christine, another lovely card,
    Nice colours and that big star!! I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous Christine! I love the scoring you've added that makes them look like shooting stars!

    ReplyDelete