Friday, July 25, 2014

JAI #224 : CHRISTMAS IN JULY

It's a mere 5 months until Christmas, folks!  This week at Just Add Ink, we're celebrating "Christmas in July", with this gorgeous inspiration pic chosen by Kim:



 
 
It's the last challenge of the month so this week is our "Guest Designer"challenge. So, if you are interested, all you need do is play along with the challenge this week!

 (The details: For the last challenge of each month, we will be offering the "TOP PICK" for that week, the opportunity to join us as a "Guest Designer" for the last challenge the following month....If this sounds like something you would like to do, get creating and come join us at Just Add Ink.)
 
 
For the focal point of my card, I silver-embossed the gorgeous poinsettia, from Joyful Christmas, on vellum.  Using a sponge dauber, I added Strawberry Slush ink to the back of the stamped design, and let it dry.  (Okay, I hurried along the process with my heat gun - patience may be a virtue, but it's not one of my strong points when I have a design in mind!)  I repeated the process with a second flower, and cut out the top leaves/petals, then curled them a little with my bone folder and attached them to the complete poinsettia, with a glimmer brad. 
 
My card base is Shimmery White cardstock, and the sentiment is embossed with a mixture of silver Stampin' Emboss powder and Dazzling Diamonds glitter.  How lush is the new silver satin ribbon?!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Stamps: Joyful Christmas, Sassy Salutations
Card: Shimmery White, Brushed Silver, Vellum cardstock
Ink: Versamark inkpad, Strawberry Slush stampin' pad, Silver Stampin' Dazzle marker
Other: Silver Stampin' Emboss Powder, Dazzling Diamonds, Silver satin ribbon, Silver 1/8" ribbon, Strawberry Slush thick baker's twine, Fancy Fan embossing folder, sponge dauber, glue dots, Basics glimmer brad (retired)
 
 
Make sure you check out the rest of the Design Team's samples - simply stunning.  We hope to inspire you to start your Christmas cards, if you haven't already.  We would love to see what you make!
 
 
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. I just love all the silver embossing and glitz on your card Christine. Absolutely stunning centre piece too xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Christine. I do love the stamping of the poinsettia on the vellum, such a pretty effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally gorgeous and so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the silver theme running through this Christine. The poinsettia is so translucent and glimmery - just gorgeous. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. My gosh, Christine, this is gorgeous! The effect you achieved with your coloring is stunning. I love how you paired the Strawberry Slush with all the silver. And the silver Glimmer Brad is the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your silver sparkly Poinsettia Christine, it looks lovely on the soft vellum....Very Pretty!xxx

    ReplyDelete