Tuesday, May 26, 2015

STAMPIN' UP!'S SHELTERING TREE - MASCULINE BIRTHDAY

My eldest brother had a birthday a week or so back.  Not only was I late in sending his card, but I'm later still, blogging it!  I had my first play with the scrumptious new Bohemian Designer Series Paper, that will be available to purchase from 2nd June.  Those of us who attended Stampin' Up!'s recent Inspire.Create.Share event received a pack for free - woohoo!  The pack is full of rich jewel-toned papers, some with very bold patterns, but (as is often the case with SU!) the reverse sides mostly have smaller patterns. 

Here I've used cardstock and DSP in one of the new In Colors (also coming out 2nd June).  Delightful Dijon works well with Hello Honey; I'm liking the mustardy yellows.

 
I inked up the 'leaves' in Hello Honey, then used the "thumping" technique to add a bit of colour using my Cherry Cobbler and Tangerine Tango markers.
 
I just LOVE the font of the sentiment I used on this card.  It's from a new set called Build a Birthday ... yes, you guessed it, available from 2nd June!  Not long to wait now - that's only next week. :)


All of the current Stampin' Up! products used in making this card are listed below, and can be purchased from my online store; if you click on any of the thumbnail images, you'll be taken to my store.

Please come back to visit tomorrow; I'll be sharing the card I made for my other brother, who just celebrated his 50th birthday on the weekend.

 
 
Product List
Big Shot
[113439]
$149.95

1 comment:

  1. Awesome card , i'm totally loving those colours too dear Christnine!!
    Seems to be the season for wonderful Autumn cards, I just whipped one up myself yesterday!
    Hellos and smiles to you dear lady,
    Smiles Sharnee :)

    ReplyDelete